The following are OPEN Board positions for the 2017-18 season. The Board is looking to vote to fill these roles at our October meeting, Sunday, Oct. 15th. If you have interest in filling any of these positions or have questions please email Kristin Holz, NYBA Secretary, email@example.com before that date.
Voting members are required to attend 75% of our monthly meetings (the 3rd Sunday of each month at 7:30pm). Non-voting members can attend as they wish/as needed. In-House and Travel groups also hold meetings throughout the year aside from the monthly all board meetings.
EQUIPMENT MANAGER (Voting Member) *Reports to NYBA Board and Exec. Comm.
• Responsible for maintenance, purchase and distribution of baseball equipment
• Purchase required supplies for field maintenance and preparation
EVENT COORDINATOR (Non-Voting Member) *Reports to NYBA Board
•Oversee logistics of NYBA non-baseball events including, but not limited to: Bingo, Coach Appreciation Picnic, Movie Nights, Sandlot Games
• Coordinate volunteers needed to run special events
• Work with In-House committee to help with logistics for the Home Run Derby and Skills competition
• Work with Tournament Director to help with logistics for any tournaments hosted by NYBA
IN-HOUSE PRACTICE AND SKILLS COORDINATOR (Non-Voting Member) *Reports to In-House President
• Create practice plans for Rookies, Minors and Majors leagues
• Work with Coaching Director to provide pre-season training clinics for all In-House coaches
• Provide coaching resources such as drills and training instruction
• Coordinate Spring clinics with community teams (ie. High School Varsity team, Dukes, Knights, St. Olaf, Carleton) • Help In-House President organize opportunities for bullpen, hitting sessions and camps
• Help In-House President inform NYBA In-House families about player development opportunities
CONCESSIONS MANAGER (Non-Voting Position) *Reports to NYBA Board
• Direct concession stand operations including purchasing and maintaining inventory, selecting menu items, maintenance and cleaning of equipment and concession area
• Coordinate any outside vendors
•Staff concession stand during In-House and Travel games
•Work with Concessions Manager to coordinate needed concessions for all events
TRAVEL UMPIRE COORDINATOR (Non-Board Position) *Reports to Travel/In-House Presidents
• Coordinates umpire training
• Assigns umpires for travel and in-house games respectively